– Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered…whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related (“I’d love a Snape/Hermione icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.”) The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
– If you wish for real-life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
– Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here’s the important part:
– If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
– You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf–to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not–it’s your call.
– There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
No Particular order
1. NB-2LH Batteries for my new XT. The more, the merrier. 1200mah is about the best, but these are quite cheap on ebay.
2. Hummingbird feathers or nests. I have only one feather.
3. Seeds (or whole plants) for hummingbird attracting plants. Cardinal vines, Four-o-clocks, Butterfly Bush, Hibiscus, Weigelia, Trumpet Creeper, Monarda (Bee Balm), Milkweed, Hosta… etc.
4. Frontline Plus for cats. The Stump needs some more flea crap soon.
5. Sigma 70-300mm telephoto lens for the XT.
6. Postcards or stationary from around the world! It’s not fun just getting bills all the time.
7. New Car. 🙁 Has to be a Honda or a Prius. 🙂
8. Peach roses.
9. Amber Jewelry. I LOVE amber.
10. Microdrive for my XT. They come in 6 gig sizes even.
900 Maison Dr #169
Athens, GA 30605
BTW: Go see The Holiday Wishes Community and see how many you can grant! I already have a list of spare stuff to send out to people.